Why I Chose Quinnipiac

Hello world!

My name is Randi Iaco. I am a first year graduate student here at Quinnipiac. University and I am studying public relations full-time. I am here to tell you about my admissions process and why I chose Quinnipiac.

I just graduated from Central CT State University in December 2009. I have my undergraduate degree in Marketing. I always knew I wanted to go to grad school. I had actually planned on getting my MBA after I had some work experience. I had my heart set on a few other schools, but after awhile, I wasn't sure if getting my MBA was what I really wanted.

I love marketing and I found that I am more interested in marketing people than selling products. I began to explore programs in communications because I felt like that reflected what I was mostly interested in. Some of the schools that I wanted to go to were out of state. Where I am in my life right now, it just wasn't feasible for me to leave CT like I thought I would be able to. So I began a search for schools closer to home.

Quinnipiac is a great school, and I have always known of its reputation. I know many people who went here for undergrad and the communications department was always praised. While doing my research online, I saw that Quinnipiac had a brand new public relations program! I knew at the moment that this was what I was looking for. I knew that having a business background with marketing would compliment a master's degree in public relations and QU is one of the few schools in the country that have this program at the master's level.

I am very happy with my decision to come to Quinnipiac. One of the major advantages for the program for me is that I will be done in one year. I am eager to get into the workforce and I believe I am learning the necessary skills to be a valuable asset to a company. Another advantage is how small my classes are. I know everyone in all of my classes and my professors have a great relationship with us.

The professors at QU are amazing. They have real world experience and substantial knowledge of the industry. The professors are committed to the university and to the students and are always available for help. The public relations program is on the Mt. Carmel campus, so every time I walk out of my class, I see the beautiful foliage of the trees on Sleeping Giant Mountain! I am so happy to be here at Quinnipiac and I hope you will explore the public relations program too!

Randi graduated in 2009 from Central CT State University with an undergraduate degree in Marketing. Subscribe to our feed for more posts from Randi!

Leave a Response